Gray Iron Castings, China Foundry for CNC Machine Parts, CNC
Machine Tool Fittings, Machine Components Casting Workshop
Advantages and Disadvantages of CNC Machines:
1. CNC machines can be used continuously 24 hours a day, 365
days a year and only need to be switched off for occasional
2. CNC machines are programmed with a design which can then be
manufactured hundreds or even thousands of times. Each
manufactured product will be exactly the same.
3. Less skilled/trained people can operate CNCs unlike manual
lathes / milling machines etc.. which need skilled engineers.
4. CNC machines can be updated by improving the software used to
drive the machines
5. Training in the use of CNCs is available through the use of
‘virtual software’. This is software that allows the operator to
practice using the CNC machine on the screen of a computer. The
software is similar to a computer game.
6. CNC machines can be programmed by advanced design software
such as Pro/DESKTOP, enabling the manufacture of products that
cannot be made by manual machines, even those used by skilled
designers / engineers.
7. Modern design software allows the designer to simulate the
manufacture of his/her idea. There is no need to make a
prototype or a model. This saves time and money.
8. One person can supervise many CNC machines as once they are
programmed they can usually be left to work by themselves.
Sometimes only the cutting tools need replacing occasionally.
9. A skilled engineer can make the same component many times.
However, if each component is carefully studied, each one will
vary slightly. A CNC machine will manufacture each component as
an exact match.
1. CNC machines are more expensive than manually operated
machines, although costs are slowly coming down.
2. The CNC machine operator only needs basic training and
skills, enough to supervise several machines. In years gone by,
engineers needed years of training to operate centre lathes,
milling machines and other manually operated machines. This
means many of the old skills are been lost.
3. Less workers are required to operate CNC machines compared to
manually operated machines. Investment in CNC machines can lead
4. Many countries no longer teach pupils / students how to use
manually operated lathes / milling machines etc... Pupils /
students no longer develop the detailed skills required by
engineers of the past. These include mathematical and
Gray Cast Iron, Grey Iron
ISO185 100 150 200 250 300
ASTM A48 NO.20 NO.25 NO.30 NO.35 NO.40 NO.45
DIN1691 GG10 GG15 GG20 GG25 GG30
EN1561 EN-GJL-100 EN-GJL-150 EN-GJL-200 EN-GJL-250 EN-GJL-300
BS1452 100 150 200 250 300
AS1830 T150 T220 T260 T300
Sand Casting, Automatic Molding, Machine Molding, Shell Molding,
Green Sand Casting, Resin Sand Casting,
Gray Iron Foundry in China, Grey Iron Casting Manufacturer, Iron
Foundry, China Foundry
Dandong Foundry is a professional China Foundry with over 50
years experience in producing Iron Castings, Steel Castings and
Machining Works. Our main production materials are gray cast
iron, ductile cast iron, carbon steel and alloy steel.
We are ISO 9001 Quality Certified. Annual output 8000 tons of
metal castings, and 70% have been exported to USA, UK,
Australia, Germany and Italy etc.