Gray Iron Mechanical Parts, Grey Iron Machine Elements, Gray Cast Iron Castings, Sand Casting in China Foundry
How Sand Casting Works:
The sand casting process requires the following equipment and products ingots or scrap metal, metal melting furnace, a wood or metal pattern, casting sand and a sand mold box.
1. The first step is in the process is placing the wood or metal pattern, which replicates your metal part and design, into metal or wooden box.
2. The second step is inserting sand and ramming the sand around the mold/pattern in the flask (metal frame) or wood box to form the part cavity.
3. Step 3 is withdrawing the mold from the flask or box, leaving behind a cavity in the sand.
4. The molds are normally made in two halves: an upper portion (the cope) and a lower portion (the drag). Once these two molds are placed on top of each other, they form the complete cavity into which molten metal is poured through a spruce or runner (hole into the cavity). The boundary between cope and drag is known as the parting line. A spruce or pouring hole and riser or vent hole, is part of the sand mold and this can be part of the pattern or it is made manually after the two sand mold halves are placed together. These are generally referred to as a spruce/runner and the riser that allows gas to escape from the cavity while pouring molten metal fills the cavity and comes out of the riser.
5. The metal that has been melted in an electric induction or gas fired furnace to the required temperature is ladled or poured through the spruce or runner or feed hole and fills the sand cavity mold that was formed by the pattern. The gasses and air escape through the riser hole and once this hole is filled with molten metal. That indicates that the cavity is filled.
6. Once the metal has had time to solidify and cool, the sand is then removed mechanically or manually from the parts. The metal spruce or runners and risers are still part of the casting part and these are cut off with a cutting wheel or removed by a band saw or metal saw. The castings are then cleaned by various methods such as shot blast to remove any residual sand and it also blends any imperfections or the parting line.
Gray Cast Iron, Grey Iron
ISO185 100 150 200 250 300
ASTM A48 NO.20 NO.25 NO.30 NO.35 NO.40 NO.45
DIN1691 GG10 GG15 GG20 GG25 GG30
EN1561 EN-GJL-100 EN-GJL-150 EN-GJL-200 EN-GJL-250 EN-GJL-300
BS1452 100 150 200 250 300
AS1830 T150 T220 T260 T300
Sand Casting, Automatic Molding, Machine Molding, Shell Molding, Green Sand Casting, Resin Sand Casting,
Gray Iron Foundry in China, Grey Iron Casting Manufacturer, Iron Foundry, China Foundry
Dandong Foundry is producing cast iron and cast steel castings by various sand casting and precision casting processes, including Automatic Molding Line, Resin Sand Molding, Shell Molding, Manual Green Sand Cast Molding, Shell Molding, Lost Wax Investment Casting Process by water glass and silica sol materials.
We have complete quality inspection devices for Mechanical Testing and Chemical Analysis, including tensile strength, hardness, metallographic inspection, hardness, spectrometer, ultrasonic testing. ISO 9001 Certified. We can issue quality reports for all inspections.
HOME PAGE |